Forget-Me-Not follows a comprehensive standard operating procedure to ensure that cremains are always returned to the rightful pet owner. For private and individual cremations it is important for owners to know that their beloved pet has truly been
returned to them.
- Master paperwork including detail on your pet and your cremation wishes are completed at your veterinary clinic.
- The vet places your pet in a holding container and an identification ticket is filled out and attached to your pets holding container.
- A stainless steel cremation tag with an engraved ID number is also attached to the holding container by the veterinary clinic. This stainless steel ID tag remains with the pet throughout the cremation process. The ID number is documented on both the master paperwork and the identification ticket.
- Forget-Me-Not picks up your pet in their tagged holding container and double checks that the paperwork, ticket, and ID tag are complete and correct.
- During cremation, the identification ticket is attached to the cremator, the stainless steel ID tag remains with your pet.
- After cremation your pets’ cremains are placed into the urn along with both identification ticket and ID tag.
- A certificate of cremation bearing the pet’s name, owners name, cremation tag ID number and date of cremation is prepared, personally signed and returned with your pets’ cremains.